The purpose of the table rate shipping module is the possibility of calculating the shipping cost based on a product weight on the one hand. On the other hand this module makes it possible to calculate the shipping cost based on an order amount.
This module allows you to restrict it to certain customers’ groups, countries, and website pages (for example, checkout and backend) as well as specify the shipping module names both in the backend and on the front end according to the required language and enable tracking.
It is also possible to:
- specify the thresholds based on the total cost or weight of products (for example, up to 25 the shipping charge is 8.50, from 25.01 to 50 it is 5.50),
- choose between calculating the shipping cost based on the order total or the total weight of the products ordered,
- specify the handling fee,
- use the certain tax class on the shipping fee (for example, EU - 20% or none),
- assign this shipping method to the certain shipping zone (for example, All World or EU),
- set up the preferred delivery date rules,
- specify the sort order of display.
This module is used in the backend and on the front end and its settings can be found under Modules and Shipping tabs.
Widgets and pages:
Shipping method widget is added to the checkout page.