The purpose of the percent shipping module is the possibility of calculating the shipping cost based on the percentage rate from an order amount on the one hand. On the other hand this module makes it possible to apply the flat rate if an order is under a certain amount.
This module allows you to restrict it to certain customers’ groups, countries, and website pages (for example, checkout and backend) as well as specify the shipping module names both in the backend and on the front end according to the required language and enable tracking.
It is also possible to:
- specify the percentage rate (from 0.01 to 0.99) for all orders,
- the certain amount the orders should be for the flat rate to be applied,
- the amount of the flat rate itself,
- choose between calculating the order amount with or without tax,
- use the certain tax class on the shipping fee (for example, EU - 20% or none),
- assign this shipping method to the certain shipping zone (for example, All World or EU),
- set up the preferred delivery date rules,
- specify the sort order of display.
This module is used in the backend and on the front end and its settings can be found under Modules and Shipping tabs.
Widgets and pages:
Shipping method widget is added to the checkout page.