A low order fee applies to orders less than the minimum order value. It protects storeholders from running a net loss on sales, especially on lower-cost items where profit margins are slim.
This fee helps to cover excess shipping costs, labor and packaging materials for small orders.
And this is fairer than charging a higher shipping fee for all orders or increasing product pricing.
Besides, the customers can always avoid this fee by adding more items to the cart.
The settings of this module allow you:
- to display and allow low order fee
- to sort order of fee display
- to set the low order amount for the fee
- to set low order fee value
- to attach low order fee for national or international orders or both
- to use the required tax class on the low order fee
You can also use the other functionalities of this module
It is possible to configure visibility* of this module on different pages together with including or excluding VAT option.
* to enable visibility of the Low Order Fee module on the required pages use The Order structure visibility module.
You can assign these options to the required customer groups.
Also, the geography of applying for all these settings in relation to the required countries can be determined.
This module is used in the backend and on the front end and its settings can be found under Modules and Extensions tabs.
Widgets and pages:
No widgets or pages are added to this module.