The purpose of Google zones shipping module is the possibility to display the area on the Google map based on the settings (Google map ID) specified for the required shipping option.
This module allows you to restrict it to certain customers’ groups, countries, and website pages (for example, checkout and backend) as well as specify the shipping module names both in the backend and on the front end according to the required language and enable tracking.
It is also possible to:
- specify the handling fee,
- use the certain tax class on the shipping cost (for example, EU - 20% or none),
- assign this shipping method to the certain shipping zone (for example, All World or EU),
- set up the preferred delivery date rules,
- specify the sort order of display,
- fill in the information about each shipping option (name (for example, PKF Delivery (Local)), description (for example, within the highlighted area on the map, price includes upstairs, extra items, price excludes rubbish removal), Google map ID, sort order and price).
This module is used in the backend and on the front end and its settings can be found under Modules and Shipping tabs.
Widgets and pages:
Shipping method widget is added to the checkout page.