FedEx Corporation, formerly Federal Express Corporation and later FDX Corporation, is an American multinational conglomerate holding company focused on transportation, e-commerce and services. Delivery Services recommend this method of delivery because of the reliability, traceability, and cost containment.
This module allows you to restrict it to certain customers’ groups, countries, and website pages (for example, checkout and backend) as well as specify the shipping module names both in the backend and on the front end according to the required language and enable tracking.
It is also possible to:
- choose between the test and production web service mode,
- choose between the English and metric weight measurement systems,
- specify the shipping delay (days when an order is placed and shipped),
- set your currency exchange rate,
- select the required drop off type (REGULAR_PICKUP, REQUEST_COURIER, DROP_BOX, BUSINESS_SERVICE_CENTER and STATION)
- specify the amount of the insurance or disable it,
- enable FedEx Domestic Next Business Day,
- enable FedEx Express International Priority,
- enable FedEx Express International Economy,
- add a domestic handling fee as either a value or percent,
- choose between the list and account FedEx rates,
- select the required FedEx packaging type (for example, FEDEX_10KG_BOX, FEDEX_EXTRA_LARGE_BOX and so on),
- specify whether the signature is required depending on the order subtotal amount or disable it,
- select the signature option type (ADULT, DIRECT, INDIRECT, NO_SIGNATURE_REQUIRED and SERVICE_DEFAULT)
- use the certain tax class on the shipping fee (for example, EU - 20% or none),
- assign this shipping method to the certain shipping zone (for example, All World or EU),
- set up the preferred delivery date rules,
- specify the sort order of display.
This module is used in the backend and on the front end and its settings can be found under Modules and Shipping tabs.
Widgets and pages:
Shipping method widget is added to the checkout page.