DHL International GmbH is an American-founded company which is now the international courier, parcel, and express mail division of the German logistics company Deutsche Post DHL. Deutsche Post DHL is the world's largest logistics company, particularly in sea and air mail.
This module allows you to restrict it to certain customers’ groups, countries, and website pages (for example, checkout and backend) as well as specify the shipping module names both in the backend and on the front end according to the required language and enable tracking.
It is also possible to:
- choose between test and production web service mode,
- fill in the city, post code and country only regarding the address where the shipment will be made from,
- choose between the English and metric weight measurement systems,
- select the required DHL network type (Both Time and Day Definite, Day Definite or Time Definite)
- select the allowed product codes (for example, BREAKBULK EXPRESS [BBX], DOMESTIC ECONOMY SELECT [DES] and so on),
- add the domestic and international handling fees either as a value or a percent,
- specify the amount of the insurance or disable this option,
- use the certain tax class on the shipping fee (for example, EU - 20% or none),
- assign this shipping method to the certain shipping zone (for example, All World or EU),
- set up the preferred delivery date rules,
- specify the sort order of display.
This module is used in the backend and on the front end and its settings can be found under Modules and Shipping tabs.
Widgets and pages:
Shipping method widget is added to the checkout page.