Click and Collect — commonly referred to as “curbside pickup” or “buy online pick up in store”— refers to any shopping trip where products are purchased online and picked up by the consumer at a designated location, either in store or curbside outside the store.
Many retailers— from local grocers to national chains like Walmart, Target and Best Buy— are now offering Click and Collect, which has been a smart business decision during the current COVID crisis. This is because Click and Collect baskets are twice the size of other order methods. Plus, the convenience of this service is a key factor in Click and Collect user satisfaction and in retailer customer retention.
This module allows you to restrict it to certain customers’ groups, countries, and website pages (for example, checkout and backend) as well as specify the shipping module names both in the backend and on the front end according to the required language and enable tracking.
It is also possible to:
- specify the handling fee,
- use the certain tax class on the shipping fee (for example, EU - 20% or none),
- assign this shipping method to the certain shipping zone (for example, All World or EU),
- set up the preferred delivery date rules including using from the collection point,
- specify the sort order of display.
This module is used in the backend and on the front end and its settings can be found under Modules and Shipping tabs.
Widgets and pages:
Shipping method widget is added to the checkout page.